Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Sony Alpha Rumors reported that a new camera and new lens will be announced in the coming months before end of year. Anyone care to wager what camera body it will be? A7V? A1-II? Will Sony never jump on the bandwagon for a compact fixed lens camera again? Anyone hoping to see something or disappointed they haven't seen anything announced yet?

Sony Alpha Rumors reported that a new camera and new lens will be announced in the coming months before end of year. Anyone care to wager what camera body it will be? A7V? A1-II? Will Sony never jump on the bandwagon for a compact fixed lens camera again? Anyone hoping to see something or disappointed they haven't seen anything announced yet?
Seems it could be a1 mk2 with more speed! that is a a9iii isn`t it :) as for fixed lens compact they had the rx1 and rx2 great cameras but stupidly pricey, last one 3k and still they cannot keep the dust off the sensor, had 2, been there and done it

There has been speculation about an A1 mk2 for some time, which I hope comes soon.

I am hoping for an A1II. Just a gut sense, it seems quick for the A7V, but I don't have sales numbers for the A7IV and don't know how well it competes against other brands.

They just did a major software update for the A7IV, so I assume they are trying to extend its shelf-life.
In which case, A1-II does indeed make the most sense.

If it is indeed the A1 II then I’m not sure what they would need to add to convince me to upgrade. It’s already an amazing camera. Pre-capture would be nice to have but I’m not going to spend thousands for it.

If it is indeed the A1 II then I’m not sure what they would need to add to convince me to upgrade. It’s already an amazing camera. Pre-capture would be nice to have but I’m not going to spend thousands for it.
Exactly the same, well almost. I don't want precapture, is cheating.

Last edited:
Back